Values & Ethos
Love for Learning and Learning for Life
- We are a learning community.
- Christian beliefs underpin the school’s ethos and values, which foster spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
- We nurture well-rounded, resilient, life-long learners to become happy, and confident in an environment where everyone feels valued and safe.
- We are passionate, skilled, and committed to enabling continuous improvement.
At Honley CE (VC) Junior, Infant and Nursery School we prepare our children for the future to enable them to make a positive contribution to society by:
- Providing a safe and distinctive Christian ethos where we value diversity and the unique qualities of individuals.
- Removing barriers to learning so that all members of our school community achieve and flourish.
- Providing a stimulating and empowering curriculum and environment which will deliver excellent achievement and a thirst for lifelong learning.
- Valuing each person’s contribution and achievement so that they feel a sense of pride and see themselves as successful.
- Encouraging everyone to care for themselves and their surroundings with a sense of belonging and stewardship.
- Promoting independent thinking and developing the capacity to be creative and resourceful.